Thursday, August 20, 2009

"What do I have to offer? Not much." ;)

This isn’t the kind of blog where you will read about my crash to the bottom of the economy & how I clawed my way back up. It’s not the blog that references Charles Schwab or lists interesting stock tips. I’m not a professional writer & my greatest fault is throwing in or removing too many commas in a sentence. I’m rarely eloquent & I tend to write exactly like I talk. In fact, I’m sure my dear friend who is an English teacher would already be circling with her red pen by now. :)

This blog is for people like me & it will contain my journey to becoming debt free. I’m sure you’ll have read everything I have to say somewhere before from people who write it or say it a lot better than I do. I’m not claiming to be a financial scholar & I am not interested in giving you my two cents on your personal debt. What I am interested in is letting others know what I’m doing & what is going right or wrong in my quest for financial freedom. As my brother said, if this blog gains no readers it will still be a success journal for me.

I read another blog once that said, “Frugality isn’t for everyone.” So I’m keeping in mind that my way isn’t going to be your exact way. Where I pinch pennies, you may splurge. Where I can’t do without an item, you may view it as an unnecessary expense. We’re different people with different goals. I may splurge or spend in one area & tighten the belt in another but if it works for me then that’s all that matters.

I’ll eventually get comfortable writing here & throw in my sense of humor into my posts. This has to be fun for me because frankly, work & school are sucking the life out of me! ;) I get tired of seriousness 24/7. It’s like being friends with a vacuum cleaner manual. So, let’s have some fun & meanwhile I’ll pay a few bills off. :)

Nevertheless ~

No comments:

Post a Comment